Andrew is committed to advocating on behalf of individuals who have been injured or otherwise harmed. At Findlay he loves being part of a team that focuses not just on his clients’ lawsuits but also on maximizing their medical recovery. Andrew takes pride in getting to know his clients and in securing them the compensation they deserve.
Andrew attended law school at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Law. In addition to his law degree, Andrew holds an Honours degree in History, from the University of Toronto, where he graduated with High Distinction. Andrew has always viewed the legal profession as a way to serve his community. During law school he developed the ability to put people at ease and to simplify complex legal concepts into understandable language through representing low-income tenants in disputes with landlords at Downtown Legal Services and providing legal advice to a diverse client base at the 519 Church Street Community Centre Legal Advice and Referral Clinic. In addition, as the Program Coordinator for Pro Bono Students Canada, Andrew coordinated volunteer placements for over 170 law students at over 60 community organizations, legal clinics, and government agencies.
Before moving to Hamilton and joining Findlay, Andrew articled at a leading litigation firm in downtown Toronto, where he gained experience acting for both plaintiffs and defendants. Notably, this experience included representing plaintiffs in civil sexual assault claims and defending physicians in medical malpractice lawsuits and regulatory proceedings.
Andrew’s current practice involves all aspects of plaintiff personal injury law, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, Occupier’s Liability, and Medical Negligence. Andrew regularly appears at the Superior Court of Justice and has represented his clients at the Ontario Court of Appeal.
Andrew lives in Hamilton’s North End and enjoys taking his Boston Terrier for walks at Bayfront and Pier 4 parks. He loves exploring Hamilton’s restaurants, cheering for the Tiger Cats, and travelling.
HONOURS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Achieved Honours as credit student case worker representing tenant clients in disputes with landlords at Downtown Legal Services
- Top student in Reproductive and Sexual Health Law and selected to assist Professor Rebecca Cook in researching and writing her chapter, “Stigmatized Meanings of Criminal Abortion Law” in Cook, Erdman, & Dickens, eds., Abortion Law in Transnational Perspective: Cases and Controversies (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2014).
- Recipient of Rainbow Triangle Alumni Association Award (leadership, academic achievement, 2009)
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Hamilton Law Association
- “Update on Punitive Damages”, 2014 Oatley-McLeish Guide to Personal Injury Practice in Motor Vehicle Cases (co-author with Tammy Ring)
- United Way of Burlington and Great Hamilton, Sopinka Committee and Campaign Cabinet
- United Way of Burlington and Hamilton, Gen Next Cabinet
- Ontario, 2014
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Law
- Juris Doctor (2013)
- University of Toronto, University College
- Honours Bachelor of Art with High Distinction (2009)
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Andrew’s Boston Terrier, Borys, has him well trained. Andrew is particularly talented at retrieving Borys’ many balls and other toys from under the couch.
And Escaping the City
While he enjoys all that Hamilton has to offer, Andrew also likes escaping the City. Some of his favorite places are Lake Muskoka, where his family has owned a cabin since the 1950s, and the Rocky Mountains.